EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE LOUISIANA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION (click HERE for the application)
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA), headquartered in Baton Rouge, LA, is currently seeking a dynamic, motivated, innovative and experienced individual to be the next Executive Director of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association. The mission of the LHSAA is to direct and regulate the interscholastic athletics of our member schools while promoting fair and equitable competition that is in the best interest of the student-athletes.
Established in 1920, the LHSAA has grown to 389 member schools and 76,620 student-athletes that compete in many various sports across the State of Louisiana. The Executive Director reports to the 25-member Executive Committee comprised mostly of member principals with additional representatives from the Louisiana High School Coaches Association, the Louisiana High School Athletic Directors Association, the Louisiana Superintendents Association, the Louisiana School Board Association and the Louisiana Department of Education.
The Executive Director serves as the Secretary-Treasurer of the LHSAA and performs the following duties:
- Keeps proper records and files on matters pertaining to the Association.
- Makes rulings regarding eligibility whenever requested.
- Interprets and enforces the Association’s rules, prescribing penalties for infractions of the rules.
- Promotes a high level of sportsmanship among schools, athletes, and the general public.
- Directs and assists with the planning and supervising of district play, state playoffs and tournaments.
- Serves as advisory officer to the Executive Committee.
- Updates handbook annually.
- Investigates written complaints against member schools and reports findings to the affected schools.
An ideal candidate is
- a talented administrator who assesses the needs of the organization and builds appropriate capacity and support to be effective;
- an experienced administrator with a background in athletics and management;
- experienced in conflict resolution;
- an advocate for our member schools on the local, state and national levels;
- a builder of business partnerships with a history of being a successful marketer and networker;
- knowledgeable of the state legislative process and is able to communicate effectively with state leaders on behalf of the association;
- effective in the development of strategic planning;
- extremely knowledgeable in technology and social media;
- visionary in the development of potential areas of growth for Association;
- an excellent communicator both verbally and written with extraordinary interpersonal skills and talents;
- holds high expectations for his/her staff and holds them accountable;
- experienced in the areas of budget development and management.
Qualifications: The Executive Director of the LHSAA shall have five years’ experience as a school principal, ten years’ experience as a faculty coach, seven and one-half years’ combined experience as a principal and school faculty coach, or three years’ experience as an assistant to the Executive Director.
Compensation Package and Application Process: Compensation Package: Negotiable depending on qualifications, plus health and retirement benefits along with a travel allowance. To apply, click HERE and complete the official Executive Director’s application form. Please follow the directions included within the official form. All applications and materials must be submitted by mail or in person no later than 2:00 p.m. on November 21, 2014. Selected applicants will interview at the LHSAA Office with the Executive Committee in early December at a time to be determined. All inquiries should be directed to LHSAA Past-President and Executive Director Search Chair Todd Guice at 318-343-2769 or email@example.com. The LHSAA is an EEO employer.